ads

Friday 29 February 2008

Doctor

Mom: Chad came by to see how you were.
Lully: Chad? He only just saw me three hours ago. What did he think was going to happen to me in three hours?

Mom: Oh, he's a conscientious doctor, isn't he?
Lully: Yes, he is. He's just a fine doctor and not a bad-looking one, either.
Mom: Oh, he's all right.
Lully: Do you know if he's coming to Helena's party tomorrow night?
Mom: Oh yes, he said... oh never mind.
Lully: What, Mama?
Mom: Nah, he's just teasing me.
Lully: What did he say?
Mom: Well, he just said he'll go if I go. He was just joking, of course.
Lully: What? So good old doctor Chadwick's in love with my mother!
Mom: Shhh, Lully, lower your voice. He's not.
He's just...
Lully: Flirting with you, that's what.
Mom: Don't make fun, Lully.
Lully: Oh, Mama, I wouldn't make fun of you about something like this. You deserve to have some love in your life.
Mom: I wouldn't go so far as to call it "love."
Lully: Call it whatever you want, Mama, but enjoy it.

No comments: