ads

Sunday 2 December 2007

Sample Cover Letters

Below is a sample cover letter. Use this sample cover letter as a guide for your own. Remember, the best cover letters spark the employer’s interest and create an impression of competence. Keep it brief and to the point.

Click here for more sample cover letters

Joe Bloggs
567 current address
Melbourne, 3000
03 9999 9999

June 2, 2004

Ms. Christine Techie
Manager for Employment
Simple Travel
Melbourne 3000

Dear Ms. Techie, (If possible address your letter to a specific individual)

(State position applied for)
The management trainee position you advertised in today’s The Age greatly interests me. The Simple Travel has always served as a landmark for me when I travel. I would like to contribute to their continued growth.
I have enclosed my résumé for your review.

(Sell yourself )
In May (2004), I will be graduating from RMIT University with a degree in business.

While in school, I developed strong organisational and customer service skills. As a dormitory assistant, I organized events, led meetings, and assisted students. As treasurer of the Business Society, I maintained the budget and presented budget reports. My summer jobs also required extensive interaction with the public.

I believe these experiences have prepared me for your management trainee position.

(Request an interview)
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my qualifications more extensively in an interview.
I can be reached at 03 9999 9999.
Thank you for your consideration.
(Place your phone number near the end)

Sincerely,

John Ryan (Sign your cover letter)

No comments: